If it is published in 2019, or a 10% discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, including the CC-BY Open Access option, if it is published in 2020 if you transfer your manuscript to Journal of the Endocrine Society (JES) after initial submission is declined by JCEM and it is accepted for publication in JES, you can claim a single-use code entitling you to a $500 discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, except for the CC-BY Open Access option. To claim a price reduction, compose Antoinette P. Wrighton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post-Publication Access Policies and Funder Demands
- Articles funded by the National Institutes of wellness (NIH), Wellcome Trust, Howard Hughes healthcare Institute (HHMI), and Canadian Institutes of Health analysis (CIHR) may be submitted to PubMed Central after final problem book and can be produced easily for sale in one year.
- You will find extra US national Agencies and funders that are private have actually partnerships using the nationwide Library of Medicine to leverage the PubMed Central infrastructure. A list of these companies can be located. For certain here is how to conform to the policies of the funders, please see their web sites. All about depositing a paper in PubMed Central in conformity having a public access policy.
- Please be aware that some funders (including the Wellcome Trust and Research Councils UK) may need book under an Open Access permit and subsequent repayment of the cost. Start access expenses and book costs are authorized give costs for which writers can look for reimbursement through the Wellcome Trust, analysis Councils UK, or funders running under their policies. These articles will retain the language that is following “this really is an Open Access article distributed beneath the regards to the innovative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY; imaginative commons site), which allows unrestricted reuse, circulation, and reproduction in virtually any medium, supplied the first work is correctly cited.”
- In the event your manuscript is accepted for publication, you’ll be expected during the evidence phase to ensure the money supply of your paper and also to consent to pay any post-publication that is applicable charges.
- Reimbursement: Although our company is generally speaking not able to process cancellations, refunds, or returns of Open Access costs after book, writers reimbursement that is seeking contact the main Publications Officer at email@example.com.
Manuscript Preparation Instructions and Checklist
Below is just a list regarding the format that is basic. To learn more, see Editorial Policies. For those who have any queries, contact the editorial staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommendations on General Preparation of Initial Submissions
- Read the Editorial Policies. NOTE: Endocrine Society journals enable submissions from preprints: see Preprint Repositories and Prior Publication.
- For initial submissions ONLY, writers may upload A pdf that is single of distribution files. But, if authors elect to upload a .doc form of their manuscript file, the machine should be able to draw out a lot of the metadata automatically, that might speed going through the submission form that is online. Please be aware that irrespective of which choice writers choose, text, numbers, and tables should be uploaded as split files at modification.
- Submit paper in English through the Editorial Manager system.
- Make use of a double-spaced, single-column format with 1-inch margins.
- Utilize constant line numbering for the manuscript. Manuscripts submitted without line figures is going to be came back.
- Paginate the whole document.
- Put all tables and numbers following the recommendations and plainly label each.
- Gather required information before you start the distribution procedure in Editorial Manager:
- Complete names, organizations, and email details for every single writer.
- Publishing authors have to provide an ORCiD whenever uploading a manuscript.
- Appropriate financing information for every single writer.
- Disclosure information for every single writer.
- Names and email details for three recommended reviewers.
- Initial manuscript number if manuscript being submitted once was refused by the log to which it really is being resubmitted.
- No resume cover letter becomes necessary. A text block is provided through the distribution procedure for special needs.
- Appropriate figure file specs as detailed into the Figure instructions have now been followed.
Directions on General Preparation of Revised Submissions
- At modification, two variations of the manuscript will soon be needed: (1) A marked-up copy to be utilized for editor and reviewer purposes that shows all changes built to the writing, legends, and tables with either highlighting, colored text, or tracked changes and (2) A clean, un-marked content which have all color and mark-up taken off text, legends, and tables which will be utilized by production, when your manuscript be accepted. Both versions of one’s manuscript must be ready in and presented as MS term files.
- Take note that in addition to one content showing color or markup, the 2 copies of the manuscript should both consist of all revisions and start to become identical. The copy that is clean include all revisions reflected into the marked-up version, but have actually tracked modifications accepted and highlighting/colored text reverted to black colored and white.
- Utilize constant line numbering throughout both the noticeable manuscript in addition to manuscript document that is clean. Manuscripts presented without line figures is going to be came back.
Authorization to Reproduce or Adapt Figures/Tables
Adjusted and reproduced figures and tables are permitted only in mini-reviews. Observe that the permissions staff will help the writer with distinguishing the type that is appropriate of to get. Whenever determining the status of a figure / dining dining table, be sure to use these definitions:
ORIGINAL: If you developed a figure or dining dining table especially for the work being submitted, this might be an initial with no permissions are needed.
REPRODUCED: in cases where a figure or dining table seems in an innovative new publication just as it starred in the first book, it is reproduced. Permission should be written by the publisher and attribution to your initial source must be supplied.
ADJUSTED: If a figure or dining dining table is adjusted, it really is modified from the initial look yet still closely resembles the first. writers for hire online Authorization must certanly be written by the publisher and attribution to the initial supply must be supplied.
In case a figure or dining dining table utilizes elements from another supply, or numerous sources, writers have the effect of determining in the event that figure is “Adapted” or “Transformative”.
Then your reproduction of their data/illustrative elements is a derivative work (or “adaptation”) if you create a figure or table that (1) includes someone else’s previously published data or illustrative elements AND (2) their data/illustrative elements are incorporated into your work to illustrate similar facts or conclusions,. Authorization must certanly be acquired through the owner and a citation to your initial work must be supplied in your figure/table legend.
Then your usage could be “transformative. in case your utilization of some body else’s previously posted information or illustrative elements in your figure or dining table goes beyond just adjusting their act as described above,” You may not need to obtain permission, but you do need to provide a citation if you believe the work is transformative.
To be transformative, your usage should include something uniquely not used to the root data/illustrative elements or provide a unique function, function, or character as compared to initial work. One element to think about is whether the brand new work will compete with or as supplanting the need for the initial. Transformative works aren’t often competitive using the work that is original. You need to seek guidance from your appropriate institutional officers to determine the legal status of the figures and tables you include with your submitted manuscript and provide the appropriate language in the figure/table legend if you believe your use is transformative.
As such and make a clear statement (citation) in the figure/table legend about the source of the data if you determine your work is “transformative” and does not require permission from the owner, you must certify it. It is necessary that certain situations be clearly evaluated by the writers and in case required, the institution(s) accountable for the job submitted by the writers. Writers should always be willing to supply the editorial workplace with documents showing the first figure or table and explaining the transformative nature associated with the brand new work.